What is science communication?
1. Scientists communicate scientific knowledge to citizens and help them to increase their scientific literacy.
2. Communicating citizens’ thoughts on science to scientists and increasing their social literacy.
3. Both scientists’ and citizens’ thinking reflect the desirable relationship between science and society.
Note: This document was created by partially modifying the “functions of scientific communication” from the homepage of the JST (Japan Science and Technology Agency) Social Technology Research and Development Project “Formation of Civil Patronage for Basic Science” Project (Representative Kazuhisa Todayama, 2005–2008) https://www.cshe.nagoya-u.ac.jp/scicomkit/01/index_e.html
What is medical science communication?
1. Medical scientists communicate medical science to citizens and help them to increase their medical literacy.
2. Communicating citizens’ thoughts on medicine to medical scientists and increasing their social literacy.
3. Both medical scientists’ and citizens’ thinking reflect the desirable relationship between medicine and society.
What is the difference between medical science communication and health communication?
Medical science communication is communication between medical scientists and citizens regarding developments in medical science in addition to its social significance and ideals, while health communication is communication between health-care professionals, patients, and citizens so that patients can properly treat and deal with their illnesses and citizens can appropriately prevent illness and stay healthy.
What are the specific subjects in medical science communication?
1. Research on public relations activities of medical research and educational institutions and academic societies.
2. Research on medical news articles published in the mass media.